Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sushi On Steroids

Sashimi Combo

Toro Nigiri

Spanish Mackerel Nigiri

Drink, Drank, Drunk.

There comes a time in every man's life when he must eat the best sushi available to him, regardless of the price. My friends, that time had come for me. I'm not talking about some celebrity chef dining experience. I'm talking about a true master, his knife, and his keen ability to handle the freshest ingredients that can only come with age.

Could I handle it? In short, there was nothing elegant about my approach. The giant portions of sushi and sashimi served to me had blown belly-flopped every small morsel of so-called 'fresh fish' that I've ever had out of the water. I was like a grizzly bear ripping off the heads of wild salmon.

Attempting to devouring these massive chunks of raw flesh became a strategy in itself. How do you savor every delectable bite when you're bursting at the seams? Do you save the best for last? Or do you eat the best immediately in fear that you won't be able to finish everything?

In the end, I ruthlessly murdered everything in front of me. The BEST EVER. Only a few will ever experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment