Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

French Dip Sandwich Part 2: The Hat

How do you make a sloppy sandwich look sexy? I tried my best, but somethings are just fubar.



With locations throughout the Greater L.A. region, The Hat is an established chain of deli sandwich eateries. Well-known for their "World Famous Pastrami", The Hat always has a line of hungry customers waiting to order up. But if I remember correctly, I never cared much for The Hat. The food seemed bland.

Growing up in Simi Valley, I occasionally went to The Hat for their chili cheese fries, but not much else. As a kid with immature taste buds, I never really appreciated a hot sandwich until I was older. So tonight, I decided to give The Hat another try.

After waiting in line, outside, on a dark corner in Alhambra, I ordered a French Dip sandwich with au jus; and it came immediately. Very convenient. However, I found the sandwich to be very lackluster. Its construction was sloppy, and it lacked the heaping mounds of roast beef that you would expect in a hearty sandwich. For $7.50, it was disappointing. But with that said, I ate the whole thing. +1 for au jus.

Next time, I'll just remember to order the chili cheese fries instead.

The Hat
1 W. Valley Blvd.
Alhambra, CA 91801

No comments:

Post a Comment